Many people consider squatting as the best exercise of all time. Because what can you say? It’s a multi-joint movement that hits several muscle groups such as your glutes, quads, hamstrings, calves, core, and back. But as good as it can be, squatting still play around knee injuries. Especially if we are talking about the alignment of the patella. One wrong form and you can be hashing about an acute patella injury because of a major blow caused by an incorrect squat figure. To prevent this from happening, wearing high-quality knee sleeves for squats – or other leg exercises remarkably helps.
The Top Knee Sleeves for Leg Day Workouts
There are different types of knee sleeves and finding the right one tailored to your needs is essential.
- Knee Compression Sleeves – Knee Compression Sleeves can be used for many different purposes but they are particularly helpful to supporting the knees during recovery. The gear also provides extra protection to minimize knee injuries and ensure that the patella is in proper alignment at all times.
- Knee Pads – Knee pads are a type of athletic equipment that is used to protect the knees from injuries. But this protective gear is also perfect when a demanding leg day is about to commence.
- Patellar Straps – Patellar straps work by stabilizing and supporting the knee joint, which in turn reduces stress on the ligaments, tendons, and muscles that surround it. These straps are different from knee sleeves because they keep the kneecap in place while the latter ensures that blood keeps moving.
- Hinged Knee Braces – Lastly, Hinged Knee Braces include one to two bars with hinges beside the straps and sides of the knee. It’s designed to prevent injury during physical activities as the bars and hinges hold the braces in place.
How Knee Sleeves Can Enhance Leg Day Performance?
We’ve all been there. Leg days result in being unable to walk properly for the next few days because of the uncontrollable and painful muscles in our legs. The pain can go on and on until you do something about it. Knee sleeves for leg press or other exercises provide stability and support your muscle needs. It improves blood flow around the knees, enhances flexibility, and reduces recovery time after working out.
Tips for Choosing the Right Knee Sleeves for Leg Day
Protective gear for knees is a popular choice among many fitness enthusiasts and athletes. In fact, knee sleeves for leg extensions are one of the most general exercises this gear can help with. But, it’s important to find one that matches your needs and befits your physical performance. To help you do just that, here are some times for choosing the right knee sleeves for lunges or other leg day exercises.
- Check the material and level of support you need (investing in a high-quality one never hurts).
- Make sure it fits.
- Look for extra features such as breathability or warmth.
- Read product feedback.
- Consult with a professional such as your coach or colleague that wears knee sleeves.
Remember, having the right knee sleeves can either make or break your movements when it’s leg day. So, it’s just fair that you find one that’s comfortable while keeping your knees protected.